3 Reasons Dental Assisting Is a GREAT Career Path
When it comes to choosing a career path, it's ok to feel like you don’t have it all figured out. It's overwhelming! You want the perfect job, right? Flexibility, hours, and great benefits are what everyone looks for.
If that sounds like you, keep reading! Let’s talk about why dental assisting may be the career path for you!
- No matter what the economy is doing, people will need to take care of their teeth. And without dental assistants, a dental office simply can’t function effectively.
- Job outlook for next 10 years is 11% growth (faster than the average for most occupations)
- There are tons of social media groups for dental assistants. This means you have free resources at your fingertips!
- Dental Assisting has a lower unemployment rate than US average. This means that there is an abundance of jobs!
Ability To Move Up
- When you begin as an entry level dental assistant, there are so many growth options available to you over time.
- You can get certified for expanded functions (this varies by state!)
- Also, you can move into specialized dentistry fields such as pediatrics, endodontics, and orthodontics!
- Finally, you could advance to an office manager position or go to school to become a hygienist.
Compensation and Benefits
- Most dental offices offer great benefits to their staff. This varies on the office, but could include Health/Vision/Dental insurance, 401k, PTO, weekends off, bonuses, and more.
- 2020 median pay is ~$12 - $19 per hour. This obviously depends on experience and the office.
- It's likely that you will be a full-time employee, with some flexibility on hours!
Interested in learning more about the field or enrolling in a course near you? Give us a call at (844) 727-3755 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!